North Carolina Tuition Assistance (NCTAP)
The North Carolina Tuition Assistance Program (NCTAP) is:
- for Army & Air National Guard members ONLY.
- a REIMBURSEMENT program.
- NOT designed to meet payment deadlines set by schools. It is your responsibility to make payment arrangements to avoid being dropped.
- NOT the same as ArmyIgnitED or GI Bill® benefits. These are 3 SEPARATE programs.
- Available for use before attending IADT.
- Payable at the in-state tuition rate only. Any member of the NCNG that is a non-resident is eligible to be charged an in-state tuition rate. Please visit our Military Residency page for more information.
In order to qualify for NCTAP funds, the Service Member must be:
- in good standing with your unit. CANNOT be flagged for any reason.
- attending a school approved to receive NCTAP funding. East Carolina University currently accepts NCTAP funding.
- meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements for the approved institution of higher education.
- an active drilling member of the North Carolina Army or Air National Guard PRIOR to the start date of the term/course(s).
- an active drilling member of the Army or Air National Guard and meeting the 2-year service obligation. You MUST have 2 or more years remaining on your contract with the North Carolina Army or Air National Guard at the END of the academic period for which the award will be applied.
- attending an approved certificate or degree program at an approved institution of higher education approved by the Authority.
Apply for NCTAP
Download your copy of the NCTAP application here: NCTAP Application
Applications can be submitted during the following dates:
June 21st – July 31st
November 17th – December 16th
April 12th – May 10th
You will be unable to apply online for TA if the following applies to you:
- Missing grades over 60 days from course end date.
- Suspense dates that have expired.
- Missing personal data in the education record including Phone, DOS, DOB, Unit, Office Symbol, Mailing Address, Email Address, base, and Education Level.
- Requesting TA for courses that start more than 30 days into the future.
- Requesting TA for courses that have already started.
- Requesting TA for lower level courses which are less than the highest ed level awarded.
- No degree plan in records.
- NCTAP is a reimbursement program, it is NOT designed to meet payment deadlines set by schools. It is the student’s responsibility to make payment arrangements to avoid being dropped.
- Funds are typically disbursed during the middle-end of the term.
- Funds typically reach the school 1-2 weeks after disbursement date.
Questions about NCTAP:
All NCTAP questions should be directed directly to:
Phone: (704) 391-4426 or (984) 664-6272