A transcript is an exact and complete copy of a student’s academic record at the time it is issued. It contains all course work, undergraduate and/or graduate, taken while enrolled at ECU. THE UNIVERSITY WILL NOT ISSUE A PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT.
Please note that the University will automatically send both the undergraduate and the graduate transcript (if applicable). Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has a hold from certain departments within the University. The Office of the Registrar will not issue unofficial transcripts.
Official transcripts include:
- Full Name
- Student Identification Number
- Date of Birth
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Attempted Hours
- Credit Hours
- Transfer Hours
- Quality Points
- Courses & Grades by Semester
- Currently Enrolled Courses
Transcripts covering a student’s secondary and previous college education, which have been submitted to the University as a requirement for admission, become a part of the Registrar’s official file. The University does not reissue or certify copies of transcripts from other institutions. Transcripts must be ordered directly from the institution where the coursework was taken.
An official ECU transcript is a complete record of a student’s academic work at the University. Transcripts are issued on official paper and carry the pre-printed signature of the University Registrar, the date of issue, and the pre-printed seal of the University.
Brody School of Medicine
Current students and graduates of Brody School of Medicine should click here to get a copy of their official transcript.
Online Requests for Electronic Transcripts
This is the preferred method of obtaining your East Carolina University Transcript. It is eco-friendly, has the quickest delivery time, and provides you with the most visibility to the status of your request in the process. East Carolina University has retained Parchment to accept transcript orders online. Please click on the Parchment icon below to enter your order.
- The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process.
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session and send each to different e-mail addresses. A $2.35 processing fee will be charged per recipient in addition to the $7.00 charge.
- Order updates will be emailed and/or sent via text message to you. You can also check order status or history online. Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has a hold by any department within the University.
In Person Requests for Paper Transcript
Transcripts may be obtained in person at the Office of the Registrar for a fee of $7.00 per copy. Transcripts may be printed and given to you while you wait. If you attended prior to 1992, some or all your records may be non–computerized. Walk-in requests for these records may not be available on demand and may take up to 48 hours for processing.
Requests cannot be taken over the telephone or via e-mail. Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has a hold from certain departments within the University. Transcripts are usually processed within 1-2 business days.
Requests in Writing for Paper Transcript
To request transcripts in writing, print out the following PDF version form and fill it out as necessary or send the following information to the Office of the Registrar:
- Transcript Request Form
- Full name under which you attended East Carolina University and any other possible names
- Dates of attendance
- Last 4 digits of SSN or ECU ID (Banner ID)
- Written SIGNATURE
- Daytime telephone number
- Specify “individually signed and sealed envelopes” if necessary.
- $7.00 fee for each transcript requested.
- Be sure to include a written signature (not computer generated).
Federal Law prohibits the release of your transcript without written authorization. Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has a hold from certain departments within the University. If you need a transcript released to another individual, please provide the following information:
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 Digits of SSN or ECU ID
- Name of Person who will pick up the Transcript
- # of Copies to be Released
- Written Signature
This request may be faxed or sent with the individual picking up the transcript. Please note that photo identification will be required of the person picking up the transcript before it will be released.
Requests may be mailed to:
East Carolina University
Office of the Registrar
Greenville, NC 27858
Brody School of Medicine graduates and current students should click here to get a copy of their official transcript.
If you have additional questions concerning how to request your ECU transcript, please email email@example.com or complete the contact form below.