The Course Equivalency tool can be used to determine if your previous coursework may transfer to ECU.
ECU accepts transferable credit with a grade of “C” (not “C-“) or higher.
Because we only evaluate credit from schools where ECU students have attended, the Course Equivalency tool does not contain all possible transferable credit. Therefore, it is subject to change at anytime.
Review of your transfer credit is done during the application process, once official transcripts are received.
North Carolina Community College Transfer Students
Please be advised that depending on your major, you may not receive a course that is on the list as a transferable course.
- the North Carolina Community College courses that are not covered by the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement may only apply to students utilizing one of our Bi-lateral Agreements or students pursing a major where that course is relevant. We will give you as much credit as we can, as long as it benefits your degree completion at ECU.
- Some Bi-lateral and Uniform Agreements between the NCCCS and ECU require a completed AAS degree for credit to be awarded. For more information, click here.
For more detailed information, view the Office of the Registrar Transfer Guide for NCCCS Transfer Students.
- All Military/JST/ACE lower level courses will be reviewed for transfer credit upon submission of official documentation.
- Industrial Technology and Nursing majors should consult their department for transfer credit information.
- Standardized testing is awarded based upon test score. Click here to be directed to ECU Placement Credit information, which includes information for AP, IB, CLEP, and DANTES tests.