- Degree conferral and commencement are separate processes.
- Participation in the commencement ceremony does not presume graduation from the university.
- Students who will complete all degree requirements in spring or summer are eligible to participate in the University spring commencement ceremony, except for students earning a professional degree (PhD, EDD, etc.).
- Students who complete degree requirements in summer and who did not participate in the University spring commencement ceremony have the option to participate in the University fall commencement ceremony.
- Students who earn a professional degree and complete degree requirements during the summer semester must participate in the University fall commencement ceremony.
- Students who complete a stand-alone graduate certificate do not participate in commencement ceremonies.
Please visit the university’s Commencement web page for more information on upcoming commencement ceremonies