Registration & Planning
- Log into PiratePort
- Click Registration & Planning card
- HELP! Invalid Username/Password; Logon denied error
1. Create a Degree Works Plan of Study
Develop a Degree Works plan of study and have it approved by your Academic Advisor. Your plan will aid in registration and provide you with a road map for your degree completion.
2. Meet with your advisor and get your Registration PIN
Each semester you will receive a new Registration PIN to register for classes. You must meet with your advisor to obtain your registration PIN. Your advisor will add your registration pin to your Degree Works plan of study.
Graduates and non-degree students do not require a registration PIN to register.
3. Build a Schedule using Plan Ahead and/or Schedule Planner
|Plan Ahead for Registration (Video)
How to create a plan for registration
How to create a plan for registration using an existing Degree Works plan
The Schedule Planner is a great tool that assists in finding the classes you need in a way that fits your life. After you are done creating the perfect schedule you can ‘Send to Cart’ and save for when you are ready to register. You can access Schedule Planner by signing into Banner Self-Service and clicking the Student tab.
|How do I to use Schedule Planner
How do I register from Schedule Planner Shopping Cart?
Where is my Schedule Planner Shopping Cart in Registration & Planning?
How can I edit my Schedule Planner Shopping Cart in Registration & Planning?
4. Prepare for Registration and Verify Holds
|Are you ready to register? (Video)
Preparing for Registration
Click here to review common holds and how to resolve them.
5. Register for Courses
Currently enrolled students may use Registration & Planning through Pirate Port to register for courses.
|How to register for classes
How do I register from my plan
How do I register from my Schedule Planner Shopping Cart
How do I add myself to a wait list
How to drop a class
How do class wait lists work?
- Students who attempt to register for a class that is full or ‘Closed’ may put themselves on a waiting list.
- The wait list queue works on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When a seat becomes available, an email will be sent to the student at the top of the waiting list via their ECU email.
- The student will have up to 24 hours from the delivery of the email to add the class.
- All Holds and Registration Restrictions will still apply to be eligible to wait list a class.
- For more information on wait lists please review:
How do I view my position on a course wait list?
I just got an email that says there is a seat available in a class. What do I do?
Your schedule should contain no more than 18 hours of primary courses and a list of alternate courses. (each summer session cannot exceed seven hours of courses). To register for more than 18 s.h.
All special permissions (e.g., extra hours, majors only courses, Dean/Chairperson’s permissions, etc.) for course registration must be secured in writing or via ECU e-mail and may only be entered by the Office of the Registrar or the Academic Department.
Registration Add Error Messages